The DPC is pleased to announce that registration is open for the final ‘Getting Started with Digital Preservation’ workshop for 2016, hosted by the National Library of Wales in Aberystwyth on 14th December 2016.
About ‘Getting Started….’
This day long introduction assumes no prior knowledge except a willingness to engage with digital preservation. Through a series of presentations, case studies and exercises, participants will learn how to apply techniques of assessment, risk management and planning to help secure their digital collections. Presentations and exercises will help participants:
- Understand the range of issues associated with digital preservation
- Survey and characterize a digital collection
- Undertake preliminary risk assessment to manage their own digital collections
- Understand preservation planning and write a basic preservation plan
- Meet and network with others locally working in digital preservation.
How to Register
Places are strictly limited and should be booked in advance. Attendance is free for DPC members and costs £45 per person for non-members.
Registration Still Open for Making Progress, London
A limited number of places are also still available at the final Making Progress workshop of 2016 on 17th November in London.